Home News Suspect behind shooting of two police officers and woman at Quiver Lounge...

Suspect behind shooting of two police officers and woman at Quiver Lounge detained for 14 days


The Directorate of criminal investigation now wants Dickson Njanja Mararo the suspect behind the shooting of two police officers and a woman at Quiver’s Lounge in Nairobi, detained for 14 days to complete the probe in the matter.

According to an affidavit filed before Milimani Law Courts, detectives want to be allowed to continue holding the suspect at Gigiri police station in order to complete investigations into the alleged attempted murder offence.

The DCI through an affidavit filed in court by Chief inspector Geoffrey Ndatho attached at DCI wants the suspect detained for two weeks to record statements , retrieve CCTV footage and obtain medical reports for the victims.

The police informed has informed Magistrate Zainab Abdul that they are investigating an offence of attempted murder against Njanja.

Investigating officer Ndatho July 2,2021 the suspect Njanja armed with a firearm, shot three people at a club namley Club Quiver within Kasarani in Nairobi county.

“That the two of the victims were identified as police Constable Lawrence Mururi from Kasarani police station and police Constable Festus Musyoka from starehe Nzisa who was shot in line of duty,” says Ndatho

The victims were rushed to hospital where police Constable Lawrence Muturi who was shot on his arm was treated and discharged while the waitress Felistas Nzisa and the other officer namely police Constable Festus Musyoka were admitted.

The court heard that officer Musyoka was shot in the neck is still admitted in hospital in critical condition while Nzisa who was shot in the abdomen has been discharged and still recuperating at home

Investigating officer Ndatho says that after the shooting the suspect ran away from the scene of crime and had been in hiding until July 5,2021 and never reported to any station as required for every licensed firearm holder.

The police say that they are yet to conduct an identification parade as one of the victims was discharged yesterday while the rest are still in hospital.

The court heard that a Glock semi-automatic pistol and 38 rounds of 9mm ammunition were recovered from the suspect.

But Njanja through his lawyer Cliff Ombetta vehemently opposed the request to have him detained for two weeks saying he is not a flight risk.

However, the victim’s lawyer Dan Maanzo urged the court to allow the police the time they are requesting in order to complete investigations into the ogoing probe over the attempted murder allegations facing the suspect.

Maanzo told the court that his client officer Musyoka is still in critical condition and would be proper of the court to allow the police more time to conclude the investigations in the matter.

Magistrate will deliver the ruling tomorrow.

Source link